Marinello Schools of Beauty in Torrington, Connecticut
Welcome to Marinello Schools of Beauty – Torrington, Connecticut. Marinello Schools of Beauty has revolutionized beauty education in the country. Our proprietary education system called the Marinello Method gives a definite advantage to our graduates in the employment market.
Established in 1905, Marinello Schools of Beauty is the leading chain of cosmetology schools in the country with 60 schools delivering world class beauty training to students nationwide.
We’ve eight schools in the state of Connecticut. The Torrington beauty school is nationally accredited by the National Accrediting Commission of Career Arts and Sciences, Inc. (NACCAS) and approved to operate in Connecticut by the Department of Public Health.
There’s a no better place than Marinello Schools of Beauty to uncover the stylist in you!
About our campus
Marinello Schools of Beauty, formerly Brio Academy, is a premier beauty school in Torrington. Our convenient location on East Main Street (U.S. Highway 202) east of Main Street makes our Torrington campus easily accessible to students from all points in the northwestern part of the state.
At our Torrington beauty academy, learning does not happen only in classroom. The biggest lessons are learned in the real world among real people at our busy student campus clinic, competitions, special events, and social initiatives.
Students also benefit from our deep-rooted industry associations that allow us to invite practicing professionals to the campus for guest lectures and provide externship opportunities to our students at local salons and spas.
Once they graduate and acquire their license, our students will be ready to join the 6,110-member strong and steadily growing community of professional cosmetologists, hairdressers and hair stylists in Connecticut.
Explore beauty at our Torrington campus. Schedule a visit today!
33 East Main Street
Torrington, CT 06790
Toll Free Phone: (800) 648-3413
Programs we offer
Marinello beauty school in Torrington offers the following training programs for students who want to practice as top cosmetologists, estheticians, manicurists, or makeup artists.
- Cosmetology: Students enrolled in this program receive practical training and technical instruction in haircutting, hairstyling, hair coloring, texturizing, skin care, makeup, nail care, salon management and state board training.
- Esthetics (Skin Care): This program provides practical training and technical instruction in various aspects of esthetics including skin analysis, facials, hair removal, exfoliation, make-up, salon management and state board training.
- Nail Technology: Students will learn both technical classroom instruction in the science of nail technology and applied effort for practical operations. The course covers training in the anatomy, physiology and pathology of nails and skin; nail beauty techniques; and professional nail products and their uses.
- Specialty Workshops (Makeup Artistry): The workshop includes training in makeup artistry under the expert guidance of some of Marinello’s leading specialists.
Student Salon and Spa Hours
- Monday5:30 pm – 10:00 pm
- Tuesday9:00 am – 10:00 pm
- Wednesday9:00 am – 10:00 pm
- Thursday9:00 am – 10:00 pm
- Friday9:00 am – 10:00 pm
- Saturday9:00 am – 5:00 pm
A Message from the School Director
The Marinello Schools of Beauty - Torrington campus faculty and staff genuinely care about their students, and do their best each and every day to foster a feeling of family from the moment the students walk in the door. We offer a variety of one-on-one learning environment and methods, which builds our students to enter the beauty and wellness industry. Our combination of positivity and professionalism offers our students a fun learning environment where preparation for a position in the industry is not simply taught – it is a part of our culture. Marinello’s goal is to prepare and build confidence in every student’s skills.