Marinello Schools of Beauty in Meriden, Connecticut
Welcome to Marinello Schools of Beauty – Meriden, Connecticut! For more than a century, we’ve been contributing trained and qualified cosmetologists, estheticians, manicurists, barbers, and makeup artists to the state’s beauty industry.
Established in 1905, Marinello Schools of Beauty is a leading chain of beauty schools with over 60 schools spread across seven states in the country. Known for our experienced faculty, unique teaching methods and superior services, we are the perfect training ground for students to turn their raw talent into a rewarding profession.
Our Meriden beauty school is nationally accredited by the National Accrediting Commission of Career Arts and Sciences, Inc. (NACCAS) and approved to operate in Connecticut by the Department of Public Health.
Come discover beauty. Join Marinello Schools of Beauty today!
About our campus
Marinello Schools of Beauty, formerly Brio Academy, is ranked among premier cosmetology schools in Meriden, CT. Our convenient location on East Main Street east of Interstate 91 makes our Meriden campus easily accessible from all of New Haven metro area.
Easy accessibility is just one of the benefits that students at our Meriden beauty school enjoy. There are many other perks of being a Marinello student such as flexible class schedules, placement assistance, and financial aid for those who qualify.
As for our curriculum, it adheres to the highest quality standards and includes both focused classroom training and practical hands-on experience. Additionally, our externship program and guest lectures provide ample industry exposure to our graduates before they step into the professional world of beauty.
For those who like to mix things up and crave for some fun along with learning, Meriden offers plenty of recreational opportunities. Its famous Giuffrida Park is known for its hiking trails, while its historic Hubbard Park provides a stunning backdrop for a weekend picnic.
1231 E. Main Street
Meriden, CT 06450
Telephone: (203) 237-6683
Toll Free Phone: (800) 648-3413
Programs we offer
The following programs are available at our cosmetology school in Meriden, CT. Students are advised to choose a program that fits their personal and professional goals.
- Cosmetology: Students enrolled in this program receive practical training and technical instruction in haircutting, hairstyling, hair coloring, texturizing, skin care, makeup, nail care, salon management and state board training.
- Esthetics: This program provides practical training and technical instruction in various aspects of esthetics including skin analysis, facials, hair removal, exfoliation, make-up, salon management and state board training.
- Nail Technology: Students will learn both technical classroom instruction in the science of nail technology and applied effort for practical operations. The course covers training in the anatomy, physiology and pathology of nails and skin; nail beauty techniques; and professional nail products and their uses.
- Specialty Workshops (Makeup Artistry): The workshop includes training in makeup artistry under the expert guidance of some of Marinello’s leading specialists.
Student Salon and Spa Hours
- Monday5:30 pm – 9:00 pm
- Tuesday10:00 am – 9:00 pm
- Wednesday10:00 am – 9:00 pm
- Thursday10:00 am – 9:00 pm
- Friday10:00 am – 9:00 pm
- Saturday10:00 am – 5:00 pm
A Message from the School Director
Marinello School of Beauty – Meriden campus is complimented by a diverse student body consisting of individuals residing in the culturally rich community of Connecticut. Our students learn from an experienced team of instructors and staff that care for and understand the diversity of the community, the needs of the guests serviced at our campus, and the multifaceted opportunities that a Marinello education can bring. The Meriden campus provides students with the opportunity to learn and study the Marinello Method while applying practical techniques and principles in one of the busiest student salons in the Marinello family. Marinello students are trained to become top stylists, estheticians and licensed professionals in the beauty industry. Their success is our goal.
Copyright © 2004-2012 B&H Education Inc.